Tuesday 27 March 2012

Hello World

Well it seemed like it was about time to start a blog, so here it is. I've been considering starting one for a while, thinking that everything that is there to be said has probably been said already by someone else. But then, I don't have to worry if my writing actually is different or novel (I do that the rest of the time), and this blog is primarily for things that interest me, and a place to write my own thoughts. And anyway, it's fun to write, and a bit different from the kind of writing I usually do.


This blog is basically going to be my ramblings about things I find interesting.  The main idea is to take a skeptical, critical look at things - I will doubt anything given the opportunity; but also I hope with an optimistic perspective, because I think that, in general, things are good. I imagine I will be writing about skepticism, science, atheism, and so on, but also general things I like such as books, films, music, art, and whatever else I'm into at the time.

A little about me: my name is Osian, I live in the UK, I'm originally from Wales, I'm doing a PhD in computer science. I'm a skeptic, atheist, humanist, feminist, free-thinker, soulless heathen, all that sort of thing. I'm not going to go into much more detail about myself for now - if you know me then you'll know these things, and if not then it's not too relevant.

Feel free to say hello in the comments and generally join in; one of the main things that attracts me to blogging is interacting with people and getting a discussion going. I'll sort out some kind of comments policy at some point but for now, all is open.

So on to some content then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in! Say things!